Internet Download Manager is software that helps you while you are downloading games or any file from the Internet, increasing the download speed up to five times. But this is not the only feature that this complete tool provides. You can resume, or even schedule when the program has to start getting something. As well as this, if you have any kind of connection problems, such as network problems, unexpected power outages, computer shutdowns or lost connections, it will restart the interrupted process.
It segments the file you want to get and saves the parts that the program has already transferred, guaranteeing you high-speed performance and a very good final result
Internet Download Manager, or IDM (as other users prefer to call it), works in a very interesting way: it segments the game or the file that you want to get and saves the parts the program has already transferred. In this way, it can guarantee you high-speed performance and a very good final result. It supports firewalls, redirects, proxy servers, cookies, authorization, ftp and http protocols, MPEG video, and MP3 audio. It can be integrated into the commonest browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Opera, and it can also be incorporated into other less-used ones such as Netscape, Avant Browser or MyIE2.
Other interesting characteristics
IDM includes other interesting features such as the possibility of hanging up or shutting down your computer when the downloading process is over. It also includes multilingual support, Scheduler Pro, and Zip Preview to check if it’s the file you want, queue processor, and HTML help and tutorial. Although it can look a bit complicated, it’s really easy to use but, as with similar software, you will find that it presents huge possibilities even for advanced users. Internet Download Manager guarantees you that every task done online is done in a secure way thanks to its improved virus protection.
The latest version offers Windows 8.1 compatibility and it adds a download panel for Web players, which helps you to get flash videos from different webpages such as MySpaceTV. It features a video-page grabber, MMS protocol support, and a redeveloped scheduler. There are other improvements and changes in this version such as a redesigned and enhanced engine, increased integration with IE and IE 11 browsers, and an improved toolbar, among others.
Internet Download Manager 6.18 Build 10 Features
IDM includes the following features:
- It divides the files or even the games you want to transfer into different streams
- Drag-and-drop process (choose the link you want and drop it into the program)
- Automatic virus protection to ensure that the files are free from Trojans and viruses
- Schedule the transfer process (hang up or shut down your PC after finishing it)
- It restarts the process if there are any connection problems such as network problems, unexpected power outages, computer shutdowns or lost connections
- Firewalls, redirects, proxy servers, cookies, authorization, ftp and http protocols, MPEG video and MP3 audio are supported
- The possibility of integrating it with common browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer (increased integration for IE and IE 11), Opera
- The new version features a video-page grabber, MMS protocol support, and a redeveloped scheduler
- A redesigned and enhanced engine
- An improved toolbar
- Multilingual support
- HTML help and tutorial is included
- A recently acquired files list to facilitate you in the task of searching for them
- Negotiate, Basic, Kerberos and NTLM authentication protocols supported
If you want to read more about this software, feel free to do so at the developers’ website
If you want to download Internet Download Manager, we recommend that you check the system requirements beforehand:
- Operating system: Windows NT or higher
- Processor: Pentium IV or 1.2 GHz or compatible
- RAM: 512 MB
- HDD: 12 MB of free disk space
Internet Download Manager is the perfect tool to manage your downloads
By Stephanie Jackson
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Internet Download Manager is a download manager that serves to increase the download speed even a 500% and restart and schedule downloads. The software is very useful since it has many features such as the ability of recording video content from a web page. The program is very well integrated with Windows and with the most well known browsers (Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
One of it strongest features is the ability to resume a download from which it was stopped. It can also create multiple connections with the server for the same file: This way, it significantly increases the download speed.
It is very easy to use since you only have to drag and drop the link of the video from a web page to the download list. Once the link is captured, the software automatically does everything. In addition, it offers advices every time you run the program, and every download it organized in files, so everything is organized at your will. The only drawback is its interface. It can be very useful, but it has a Windows 95 appearance that makes the program seem outdated.
- It allows you to schedule the downloads
- It allows you to restart downloads
- It is very easy to use
- The interface is quite outdated
It is a must-have if you often download large or multiple files
By Adam Nikki
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014
I've used the trial version of this software and I can say that it increase a lot the speed of my downloads. Nevertheless, it is more useful to organize your downloads that to increase the speed. If you are a patient person, a few minutes more or less do not mind, but the ability to download several files at the same time, or schedule the downloads is outstanding. You can schedule a file to be downloaded at a predetermined time, or if for instance, you Internet connection fails and the download is stopped, you can restart the process once the Internet connection comes back.
In addition, the ability to just drag and drop the link to the programs interface, and start the download of several files is also incredible. This way, I can download huge files such as videogames just adding the links and letting Internet Download Manager do its job.Moreover, do not forget about the virus protection than tit offers. The software has an integrated virus scanner that scans every file before it is downloaded, so you can feel safe about the protection of your computer. In conclusion, the only drawback this program has is that it is not free, if it were free, everybody would have it in their computers.
- You can schedule the downloads
- It allows you to download several files at the same time
- It is just a trial version
Boost your download speed by up to 5 times faster
By Isa Almenanza
On Monday, April 7, 2014
I could exactly remember the first time I used Internet Download Manager or IDM as many avid users would call it for downloading games for my own leisure. I was totally awed by the improvements and modifications made for this software version. Nearly everyone I know use IDM for increasing their download speed, well, in fact, there are still many benefits we can get while using the software. Have you ever experienced being disconnected to the internet or any interruption that leads your computer to shutdown itself while in the middle of downloading a huge file? I am in a great distress when this happens. Sounds like I am ranting but this is how I grasped the benefit I could get from IDM. The software will automatically restart the process to where it was interrupted. The internal process of splitting and saving a single file download, as it is being transferred, is very interesting. Once the download is done, it will automatically combine the several file downloaded into the original file. There is still a lot of fascinating features of this software that I have not discovered yet, it may be very technical but nevertheless, this software made an exceptional difference with my downloading activities.
- It has a Resume Download Capability
- It is the easy way to download videos and stuff
- It has a variety of options for saving files
- It can prioritize download speed
- It only has 30-day trial
- All bandwidth is used when downloading at full speed
- It does not contain a built-in video converter
- It does not support torrent downloads