Adobe Photoshop CS5 redefines digital image editing thanks to a large number of new tools and functions. The quantity and quality of additions allows this new version to improve workflow, and thanks to the Creative Suite, your work using the Adobe Suite will be smooth and seamless. The new 64-bit online support will do the rest.
As usual, the program is divided into three parts: Adobe Bridge (photo manager), Adobe Camera RAW (plug-in for RAW format) and Photoshop. The three parts work perfectly together and are probably the best options you can find available right now. After 20 years, Adobe’s flagship is still on the top in this genre and it seems that will continue for few more years to come.
How to Use
Once we install the new Adobe Photoshop CS5 on our computer, it will seem no different to previous versions. The layout is basically the same as CS4, just more organized, so you will have to start working with it to notice the changes. The mask tool, for example, is now more precise when you need to select complex contours. Also after CS2's success, HDR tools were enhanced for easy retouching and to make images more realistic with a better chromatic touch and no ghost halo.
Adobe is creating, step-by-step, a very interesting Suite where all its programs will work together and compliment each other in the creating and design process
The range of tools is focused on professional users. Puppet Warp, for example, will let you manipulate picture cells quite easily when creating great publicity images. The Lens Corrector will improve professional photographers’ pictures, swiftly deleting those light noises and camera lens aberrations. However, the most important tool included on Adobe Photoshop CS5 is probably Content-Aware. This is quite an interesting tool, able to delete objects and fill the empty space with a matching background effect.
Adobe Photoshop CS5 is not the most revolutionary version ever seen, but it seems a nice product overall. Adobe is creating, step-by-step, a very interesting Suite where all its programs will work together and compliment each other in the creating and design process. The competition amongst the top 5 image editors is quite fierce with the newest Coreldraw and Gimp versions now on the market and the new Lightroom coming soon. It would seem that even the most famous picture editors has no reserved seats.
Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.0.3 Features
This is a trial download version. Feel free to check the full version's latest features:
- Enhanced selection tool
- HDR Pro support
- Better workflow and quicker system performance
- Enhanced Content Aware Healing
- New Camera RAW support
- Black-and-white conversion has been enhanced
- New Puppet Warp
- Large number of new brushes
- 64-bit support
- Better compatibility with JPEG and TIFF formats
- Interesting 3D tools to work with After Effects
For more information about the product and to get free online tutorials before downloading the free trial version, please check the developer’s website .
Before downloading Adobe Photoshop CS 5, please check if your computer has the following minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP with the Service Pack 3 installed or later
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64
- RAM: at least 1GB
- Hard Drive Space: at least 1GB for the installation.
- Graphic Card: 1024x768 display with OpenGL graphic adapter. 16bits and 256MB VRAM
- Some GPU graphic functions may require Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0 compatibility
- QuickTime 7.6.2 is a must for some multimedia functions
- Broadband connection is necessary for free online services
Photoshop’s plug-ins you will need
The following are freeware Photoshop plugins for photographers, painters and graphic and web designers. Stop looking… they work!
- Perfect Effects Free : 73 photo effects to be used and mixed for Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture and even as standalone app. Stylize images in the most versatile and easy way. Control the blending, painting and masking and get a retro effect for your pictures. Just install it and access Perfect Effects 4 through Window > Extensions > onOne.
- 3D Shadow : create different types of 3D shadows from letters, shapes and other kind of forms. Easy to use, control transparency, perspective, color and X/Y/Z position and angles. Get the viewers’ attention with this effective plug-in.
- Pixel Bender Plugin : get an Oilpaint effect and transform photographs into oil painting images. Just few simple sliders and start to play with brushes size, scale or even amount of stylization. The GPU support (part of the Pixel Bender technology) will make the adjustments faster and smoother.
- Mr. Stacks : create storyboards and presentations in few simple steps. Just select your images, presentation size and format and this plug-in will automatically organize your file in different pages or as a proper storyboard.
- GuideGuide : stop dealing with annoying grids. This plug in will create pixel accurate rows, columns, baselines and midpoints with the click of a button. Multiple types of measurements are supported and can be saved for repeated use.
- Stereogram Lab Filter v1.0 generate the always surprising image stereograms with this plug-in. Stereogram Lab Filter can very is easy to control and can be used for commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- ICO Format : as easy as it sounds. Create Windows icons and save them in its format (.ico). Manage your software, favourites and shortcuts with a unique style.
To download the plug-ins just download the files from its developer’s websites, then get into Photoshop and select Edit>Preferences>Plugins. Right after that a screen will pop-up. Select Additional Plug-Ins Folder and click Choose. Pick the plug-in file, accept and restart Photoshop. Our plug-ins will be safety installed and ready to be used.
- Content-Aware Fill works
- Good number of online tutorials to help you make the most of the program
- The new tools are quite interesting…
- …but maybe quite professionally focused
- The program is getting bigger and more resource-hungry
- Is quite expensive